There are many factors that cause dry flakey skin, but thankfully there are ways to treat it.
Our skin tends to be drier in the winter months because there is less humidity in the cold winter air and harsh breezes on windy days. To stay warm and cozy, we are exposed to dry heat in our homes and offices, and take hot showers and baths. This inevitably dries out our skin even more. (Ahh, just explaining this makes me want to grab moisturizer!)
Not to mention, those delectable lattes and mochas we all crave in the winter are extremely dehydrating because caffeine dries our skin from the inside. We also drink less water as we are not overly thirsty.
So what can we do about this winter dry skin?
- Begin with a gentle cleanser — no harsh soaps like a bar soap. Exfoliating helps with flakey skin but again use mild scrubs with microbeads.
- It is important to use moisturizers that contain emollients like shea butter, safflower seed oil and serums with humectants or hyaluronic acid which actually attracts water from the environment into the skin.
- The use of a humidifier at night in the winter also helps to keep moisture in the air and in your skin.
- Try to drink more water. Hydrate!
- Make an appointment for a Medical Grade Facial. Aestheticians will properly access your skin and give you a personalized skin care routine to fight the winter skin blues. In fact, if you book a facial service in March at the Blume Skin Centre, you get 20% off all skin care products.
The Blume Skin Centre has the highest quality products and services to help you achieve beautiful skin all year round.
Below are products we recommend to help overcome dry skin:
- Epionce: our plant inspired skin products have several mild cleansers for all skin types, as well as luxurious moisturizers.
- Revision: has a wonderful hydrating serum we recommend for everyone. It is oil free with two forms of hyaluronic acid and is perfect for attracting moisture.
- Neocutis: is a Swiss skin care line with fabulous products. The Lumiere Eye Cream was named the number one eye cream by In Style Magazine for 2015.
- MD Rejuvena: is our newest skin care line. It is a plant based product line that utilizes copper peptides and chlorphyll, which includes a plant based form of growth factor.
The Blume Skin Centre is dedicated to help you achieve perfect skin!
Give us a call at 480-699-7999 for a free consultation and our experienced aestheticians will set up a plan of action that is personalized just for you. In a hurry? You can click here to schedule appointments online.
Beautiful skin is our forte.