We can all relate to the feeling that our skin feels dry and dehydrated especially in Arizona!
There are many factors that cause dry flakey skin, but thankfully there are ways to treat it.
Our skin tends to be drier in the winter months because there is less humidity in the cold winter air and harsh breezes on windy days. To stay warm and cozy, we are exposed to dry heat in our homes and offices, and take hot showers and baths. This inevitably dries out our skin even more. (Ahh, just explaining this makes me want to grab moisturizer!)
Not to mention, those delectable lattes and mochas we all crave in the winter are extremely dehydrating because caffeine dries our skin from the inside. We also drink less water as we are not overly thirsty.
So what can we do about this winter dry skin?
- Begin with a gentle cleanser — no harsh soaps like a bar soap. Exfoliating helps with flakey skin but again use mild scrubs with microbeads.
- It is important to use moisturizers that contain emollients like shea butter, safflower seed oil and serums with humectants or hyaluronic acid which actually attracts water from the environment into the skin.
- The use of a humidifier at night in the winter also helps to keep moisture in the air and in your skin.
- Try to drink more water. Hydrate!
- Make an appointment for a Medical Grade Facial. Aestheticians will properly access your skin and give you a personalized skin care routine to fight the winter skin blues.
The Blume Skin & Body has the highest quality products and services to help you achieve beautiful skin all year round.
Below are products we recommend to help overcome dry skin:
- Epionce: our plant inspired skin products have several mild cleansers for all skin types, as well as luxurious moisturizers.
- Valmont Hydra3 Cream: this moisturizer cream contains liposome-packed DNA and a high concentration of hyaluronic acid
- Neocutis: is a Swiss skin care line with fabulous products. Lumiere Riche Eye Cream, MicroDay & MicroNight are a few of the very moisturizing products!
- SkinMedica HA5: This Rejuvenating Hydrator rejuvenates skin with the power of 5 different forms of hyaluronic acid.
The Blume Skin & Body is dedicated to help you achieve perfect skin!
Give us a call at 480-699-7999 for a free consultation and our experienced aestheticians will set up a plan of action that is personalized just for you. In a hurry? You can click here to schedule appointments online.
Beautiful skin is our forte.