Medical Grade Facials
MEDICAL GRADE FACIALS
A facial is one of the best ways to take care of your skin. A Medical Aesthetician at Blume Skin & Body will customize the facial specifically for you that will cleanse, exfoliate and nourish the skin. A facial will result in a clear, well-hydrated complexion.*
The Basic Steps of a Facial
- Consultation. A facial will begin with a consultation. The Medical Aesthetician will have you fill out a form that asks questions about your skin concerns, your diet, how much water you drink, medicines and supplements you take and skincare products you are currently using. This can affect your skin and what kind of treatments our Medical Aestheticians recommend.
- Cleansing. The Medical Aesthetician begins a facial with a thorough cleansing of the face, neck and chest.
- Skin Analysis. The Medical Aesthetician will look at your skin through a brightly lit magnifying lamp to determine your basic skin type (dry, oily, combination, sensitive or normal) and skin conditions (acne, blackheads, whiteheads, aging, sun-damage, dehydration, etc.) The medical Aesthetician then chooses the appropriate products and treatments, and consults with the patient about what she recommends.
- Steam. Most facials use a machine that directs a thin vapor of warm steam to your face. This is relaxing and helps soften up any black heads and white heads to be extracted. The Medical Aesthetician will not use steam if you have sensitive skin.
- Exfoliation. The next step is exfoliation. Mechanical exfoliants have a gritty texture that rubs away the surface dead skin cells. This type of exfoliation usually happens during the steam process and stimulates blood flow Chemical exfoliation uses enzymes and acids to loosen the bond between skin cells. A gentle enzyme treatment can be done during the steam process. Stronger chemical peels vary in intensity and can be stand-alone treatments or part of the facial.
- Extractions. This is the removal of blackheads, whiteheads and milia.
- Facial Massage. This process uses classic strokes like effleurage to both relax you and stimulate your skin and facial muscles.
- Facial Mask. A mask targets your skin type (dry, oily, combination, sensitive, sensitive or normal) and condition.
- Final Treatment Application. The Medical Aesthetician will apply toners, serums, moisturizers and sunscreens.
Corrective facials should be done monthly because that is the length of time it takes the skin to regenerate. You may need a facial more frequently if you are trying to clear up a case of acne.*
Facial Treatments We Provide
Blume Custom Facial
Medical Grade Facial customized specifically to the clients skin type.
Deep Pore Cleansing Facial
This deep facial cleansing treatment goes beyond what a traditional facial will do. This treatment is well suited for people with acne, blackheads and excessive oil buildup. Using a medical grade enzyme activated by steam the pores will be opened up and ready for extractions. The pores will be thoroughly extracted and cleaned. A high frequency treatment will be done insuring all bacteria is gone and reducing any inflammation and redness. Using a reviving gel and exfoliation wand a deep pore cleansing treatment will be done followed by a soothing facial mask.
*Results may vary from person to person