Reducing Common Complications After Injections
Posted on September 18, 2019 by Dr. Blume in Blog
Having facial injections, dermal fillers, PDO threads or even Botox may lead to adverse outcomes, although almost all are minor and go away shortly. Swelling, Bruising and Redness are all simple events and although minor, can be annoying. Here are some tips to limit some of these issues.
– If you have an important event within 7-10 days proceed with fillers with caution as you may get some bruising that will be there for the event.
– Stop all medications like aspirin, ibuprofen and fish oils about 5 days before your facial injections. If you have been advised by your doctor to take these medications, check with them before stopping. Applying Arnica Montana following injections or taking small oral doses a few days before and after injections may reduce the chances of bruising.
– Dental work two weeks before or planned to occur within two weeks after dermal fillers or PDO threads may increase the chance of bacterial infection.
– Flying on an airplane within 24 hours of injections may cause swelling due to the change in pressure. While not a serious side effect, you may be unhappy with the results until the swelling goes down.
– Ice always helps with swelling. Apply for 10 minutes every 30-45 minutes for best results.
And as always if you have any questions or concerns contact our office and we will be happy to assist you!
If you are a new patient, you can save time during your check-in by filling out the New Patient Paperwork package. We look forward to meeting you and helping you achieve your cosmetic goals!NEW PATIENT INFORMATION